Warwick Applefest Pie Baking Contest
- The contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
- There are two divisions: Junior (age 7-16) and Adult (age 17+)
- Pie must be prepared & baked by the individual submitting the pie entry for judging.
- Amateur bakers only – no professional bakers may enter this competition.
(A professional baker is defined as someone who works for a bakery, works for or owns a catering company, or sells pies).
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted – no Crumbles, Crisps or Bettys allowed.
- Crusts and filling must be made from scratch. No store bought crust, dough, or canned fillings may be used. Each pie must have a bottom crust and a top crust.
- No other fruits may be added (added juices are OK).
- Please bake in a disposable pie tin or plate. The return of plates cannot be guaranteed.
- Please do not write your name on the pie tin. Your entry will be assigned a number at registration.
- Pie MUST be checked in by 11:30 a.m. on contest day. Late entries will be turned away.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes).
- An ingredient list, which includes apple variety used, MUST accompany your pie.
- Overall appearance: crust and filling color, creative detailing, even distribution of filling, etc.
- Overall flavor: fresh taste, texture, doneness, consistency, etc.
- Originality: creativity in appearance and flavor
- Ribbons awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and most creative – winners do not need to be present to win.
- After awards are announced, pies will be sliced and sold to the public. Proceeds are donated to the Warwick Valley Ecumenical Food Pantry.
Click here for the required Applefest Pie Baking Contest rules/entry form (pdf).